The post below was written in 2013. There are so many more upsides since then – I could write a book.
I have people to thank for giving up drink. I can’t thank them enough.
There are multiple benefits to being alcohol free, new ones emerge every day.
Below is my top ten:
1. HEALTH, both physical and mental, my brain is free from alcohol attack and insides are cleaned up dramatically
2. WEALTH, savings of 20,000 euros in cash at least, over two and a half years
3. WEIGHT, ugly fold of flesh around the middle is gone
4. FOOD, more fruit and vegetables, less red meat, chicken with garlic and ginger – yummy
5. KNOWLEDGE, genned up on the effects of alcohol, terribly toxic, no going back now
6. RESPECT, for oneself, from those around you, no more disrespect to others while drunk
7. TIME, precious, more of it, to do all sorts of things
8. LESS GLOOMY, alcohol can be very depressing
9. NO MORE EXCUSES, eg, worked hard today, so have to reward self with a few pints
10. NOT DEPENDENT, was constantly on the look out for the next drinking opportunity
Hence Drinkawaste.com, alcohol is a waste of health, a waste of money, a waste of time, a waste of life