Yes according to Nutritiondata.self.com. They say the good comes from low in saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium. The bad on the other hand – “a large proportion of the calories in beer comes from alcohol”. The analysis is on a can of regular Budweiser, below is a breakdown of the main constituents;
Total 345.3g Total serving size 357.0g
As you can see Budweiser is 4% alcohol, 93% water, a total of 97%. The remaining 3% is made up of minerals, mainly calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium and zinc. Problem is the benefits of the goodness in a can of Bud is more than offset by the toxic nature of alcohol.
See Nutritiondata.self.com for the complete breakdown
“Yes” according to Dr. David Colbert, founder of New York Dermatology Group. “Alcohol is a hepatoxin, meaning it specifically damages the liver. It’s a toxin to the cells that detoxify your body” “Alcohol also contains congeners, chemical substances produced during fermentation process that contribute to liquors’ unique tastes and smell. Congeners are the main cause of hangovers, so the more congeners in your liquor, the worse your hangover…and the worse you look in the morning”
“On top of that, all alcohol dehydrates the skin. This means your skin will appear less plump and fresh the next morning”
– Dr. Debra Jaliman, author of “Skin Rules: Trade Secrets From a Top New York Dermatologist”
Are they serious? How can anyone enjoy a bottle of 37.5% alcohol sensibly? It tastes so yuck they have to add honey to it. The typical consumer of Jack Daniel’s is a young, inexperienced drinker out to get drunk? He is anything but sensible
Jameson – Pernod Ricard want Dublin to have a good evening
This is an appeal to young Irish people to go into the pubs and clubs and drink Jameson 40% alcohol.
Jameson – Pernod Ricard use websites such as “Entertainment.ie” and ” The Daily Edge” to reach young, inexperienced drinkers. Jameson promotional material is camouflaged to make it appear is if its part and parcel of the editorial. This is to build trust and confidence among young people. There is no mention of 40% alcohol, whiskey or anything that might give the consumer the information that this is advertising for heavy alcohol.
Drinkawaste.com has lodged a complaint with the Advertising Standards Authority for Ireland about this campaign on the basis it is marketing by stealth and deception